- Ideal Status in 2020
- Activity Promotion System
- Grievance Mechanism
- Activities in 2017
- Fulfilling responsibility to respect human rights
- Review labor standards taking into consideration customary international law
Stakeholders Affected by Our Activities
Directly：Employees, Local Communities, Business Partners
Indirectly：Shareholders and Investors, Creditors, NGOs, Business Organizations
Reasons for being Priority Issues
In order to respond to the greater diversity in stakeholders, the Toyo Tires Group supports and respects international norms, reduces the risk of business activities negatively impacting human rights, as well as positions opportunities to support and promote the benefits of human rights as issues that should be addressed with priority.
We respect international norms related to human rights and labor, such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the ILO Declaration. In addition, we actively contribute to the promotion and spread of human rights to the extent that they impact the Group’s business activities in order to fulfill our responsibility to respect human rights.
In particular, for the work environment, we provide safe and healthy work conditions, thoroughly prohibit not only discrimination in HR practices but also the direct and indirect use of forced and child labor. We also support and promote the enjoyment of human rights in collaboration with business partners so that the Group does not take part in human rights violations.
We have positioned the promotion of diversity as an important human resources policy, and we are moving forward with efforts to reinforce systems to train diverse human resources and for them to fully demonstrate their capabilities.
The Toyo Tires Group Charter of Corporate Behavior was compiled as corporate action principles applied uniformly across the Group in order to faithfully conduct business activities. The charter addresses the undertaking of business in a manner that respects human rights and the culture and customs of each region as well as valuing diversity among all people in the workplace.
Ideal Status in 2020
Diverse employees actively working in an environment with a global sense of human rights
We respect human rights in the workplace and work to eliminate all forms of discrimination and to promote diversity.
Corporate Officer of Corporate Headquarters
Activity Promotion System
- *Overseas (at affiliated companies), the HR and General Affairs manager of each company promotes activities based on the group policy examined and established by the Sustainability Promotion WG.
Toyo Tires Group or one of our group companies belongs to the following trade associations:
- Reporting Hotline (Creating an Internal Control System)…Targets: Employees, Business Partners
- Customer Relations Department…Targets: Customers, Local Communities
- Inquiry Form (on the Website)…Targets: Customers, Shareholders and Investors, NGOs
- Labor-Management Council Meetings…Targets: Employees