- Ideal Status in 2020
- Activity Promotion System
- Grievance Mechanism
- Main Resources
- Activities in 2017
- Engagement with local communities
- Preserving biodiversity
Stakeholders Affected by Our Activities
Directly：Local Communities, Environment
Indirectly：Shareholders and Investors, Creditors, NGOs
Reasons for being Priority Issues
With the goal of sharing our joy with all people related to our business activities (stakeholders) and contributing to the enrichment of society, we have positioned resolving social issues through dialogue and collaboration as well as contributing to the development of local communities as issues that should be addressed with priority.
It is our opinion that overcoming environmental problems, securing human resources, and the stable growth of local economies are indispensable for our continued growth into the future.
Therefore, we will create common values with local communities by contributing to environmental protection to the extent that our business activities impact the environment, supporting raising next-generation children, and the growth of local communities by the Group’s resources and collaboration with stakeholders based on various forms of communication.
At production facilities that are expected to have a particularly significant impact on the environment as the scale of our business grows, we will make use of a precautionary approach to respond to the risk that our impact on biodiversity in surrounding areas will increase.
Ideal Status in 2020
Contributing to local community development while responding to stakeholders’ voices
We will resolve social issues through collaboration with stakeholders and aim to create common values.
Corporate Officer of Corporate Headquarters
Activity Promotion System
- *Overseas (at affiliated companies), promote social contribution activities according to social issues of each country and region
Toyo Tires Group or one of our group companies belongs to the following trade associations:
- Reporting Hotline (Creating an Internal Control System)…Targets: Employees, Business Partners
- Customer Relations Department…Targets: Customers, Local Communities
- Inquiry Form (on the Website)…Targets: Customers, Shareholders and Investors, NGOs
- Interview with NGOs…Targets: Local Communities, NGO
- Fiscal 2017 subsidy expenses for environmental conservation activities (includes donations from employees to the Toyo Tires Group Environmental Protection Fund*; Japan only): about 14.39 million yen
- Fiscal 2017 subsidy expenses for raising next-generation children (non-consolidated): about 3.78 million yen
- Fiscal 2017 subsidy expenses for developing local communities (non-consolidated): about 10.40 million yen
- * Toyo Tires Group Environmental Protection Fund: A fund established in 1992 to support non-profit organizations that undertake activities to protect the environment in partnership with Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd., domestic affiliated companies that Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd., has at least a 50% stake in, and corporate officers and employee of those companies, etc. Gift matching system under which the company contributes the same amount of money donated by employees.